Minted Passion Fruit Lollies
For a perfect summer dessert, try this simple, healthy and delicious dairy free, no added sugar ice-lolly recipe!
- pulp from 5 passion fruits
- leaves from 2 sprigs of mint, washed 200g (7oz) fresh pineapple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 200 ml full-fat coconut milk
- Begin by placing all the passion fruit pulp into a small bowl and give it a quick stir with a fork to ensure the flesh and seeds are not clumped together. Set aside.
- Now place all the remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. (If using a regular blender, this may take 1 minute or longer).
- For the fresh look of the passion fruit in these ice lollies, place a little of the passion fruit pulp into each of 6 lolly moulds, then pour a little of the blended pineapple mixture over the top.
Alternate this process, filling all of the moulds.
- Make sure to leave a little space for the liquid to expand, then using a lolly stick or skewer, stir the liquids together slightly. Place a lolly stick in each mould and put in the freezer until completely frozen.
- To remove, run the moulds under warm water until the seal is broken and the lollies slide out.
Recipe from The Yoga Kitchen by Kimberly Parsons (Quadrille, £20) Photography ©Lisa Cohen. Nutritionist Kimberly Parsons lectures on CNM’s Vegan Natural Chef training at the College of Naturopathic Medicine.