Banana Blueberry and Almond Loaf
This recipe is one that we will definitely be trying out in the Natural Chef kitchens. It has been provided to us by one of our wonderful Natural Chef students, Christele Tai. With the combination of blueberries and the bananas, this is a dense, moist loaf. It is perfect as part of a weekend brunch, served with some coconut milk whipped cream. The blueberries give an excellent anti-oxidant boost while the almonds offer some healthy vegan protein.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 organic eggs
- 3 tbsp brown rice, malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 180 g almond flour
- 150 g blueberries
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees – line a loaf tin with parchment paper
- Crack the eggs into the mashed banana, slowly adding all the other ingredients except the blueberries.
- When the mixture is combined, slowly fold these in. Bake in the oven for 50-60 mins.